The following is a description of a ministry project of Impact France in collaboration with Porteurs d’Espoir.
In France, one child in five lives below the poverty line – that’s nearly 3 million (Source: Unicef 2018). Depression and addiction make these young ones easy targets for unscrupulous predators. Studies estimate that between 7,000 and 10,000 children are victims of prostitution, which probably underestimates reality.
Porteurs d’Espoir was born out of a local church in Paris in 2003 in response to this reality. We affirm that each person is made in God’s image and has inestimable value, regardless of their background or present circumstances. This ministry is committed to being messengers of love, peace, hope, respect and life to the most vulnerable, especially the youngest, in the following ways:
- Show them they have value, so that they take care of themselves, maintain hope in their future, and resist adversity.
- Develop their intellectual and cultural capacities to facilitate integration into society.
- Give them a sense of responsibility in themselves, their city and their country and help them succeed in despite their difficult living conditions.
Your financial support will help our two staff and dozens of volunteers carry out concrete actions such as:
- Weekly food pack distribution
- Time for friendship and sharing: creative, sports, and cultural workshops
- Personal development: Wellness retreats, building self-esteem and interpersonal skills
- Vacations: Offering vacations to destitute children
- Back-to-school challenge: a day of festivities, one school kit for every child in school (K-12 students)
- Christmas for All : A show for the whole family, a gift for each child under 18 years and a Christmas basket
If you would like to know more about Porteurs d’Espoir and its vision, please watch this video.
Your financial partnership will allow more vulnerable children and their families to experience the love of Jesus!
Impact France is a U.S.-based 501(c)(3) organization (EIN 20-30-98434). As such, all contributions are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law and by making a donation you acknowledge that Impact France has complete discretion and control over all funds given. Furthermore, you authorize Impact France to share your contact information with project leaders for the purposes of communication and stewardship. If you do not wish for project leader(s) to receive your contact information, please go to www.impactfrance.org/give and in the comments box, include a note stating “Anonymous Gift for Porteurs d’Espoir – Porteurs d’Espoir”.
If you reside in Canada, make your gift here instead.
If you wish to make your gift by check, please include the project name in the Memo and mail to:
1100 Peachtree Street, NE
Atlanta, GA 30309