You don’t have to be a missionary or support one to make an impact on the ground in France – you can help right where you are and with the skills and experience God has given you.
At Impact France, we support native French ministries. This is the most effective and efficient way to advance the Kingdom of God in France.
In fact, since Impact France began operations in 2007, the Evangelical population of France has doubled (400,000 in 2007 to 800,000 in 2017) or 0.6% to 1.2% of the population.
That’s why we encourage praying for and giving to French ministries – it works!
So, how can you get involved?
First, is to advocate for France. This supports our work tremendously as most Christians in the United States have no idea about the spiritual needs and opportunities to meet those needs in France.
Secondly, help Impact France directly. We are always looking for passionate and talented people to help us in our mission!
How you can be an advocate for France:
- Start a prayer group specifically for the nation of France – Impact France can keep you fueled with petitions as general as praying for God’s mercy over France, to praying for specific evangelical churches who are working on the front lines.
- Ask your local church if you can present the great need in France to appropriate groups – mission prayer groups, Sunday School classes, youth groups, etc.
- Host an awareness event in your home – invite everyone you know to come for French food, music, art appreciation – then ask them to join you in prayer for France. Challenge your friends to ask God if there is something they can do to be a part of mobilizing prayer warriors and active participants in evangelizing France.
- If you live close to a Christian high school or university, go to French teachers and professors to ask if you can present the great need in France and what God is doing there.
- Consider hosting a French exchange student.
- Travel to France to meet with local pastors and missionaries who are evangelizing the French. There are US churches who already support work in France and need people to go on short-term teams.
- Consider “adopting” a French evangelical church, possibly from your own denomination. Impact France has a list of churches, knows many of the pastors, and could work with a US church to match them with a French church.
- Give to the work in France. Impact France can help with identifying the needs of churches so you know where your funds are going. For example, last fall an Assembly of God church in Calais was burned and had to rebuild. Funds can be given to them through Impact France.
- Actively participate in the Pray for France Initiative every year. It usually takes place in the spring and includes 3 weeks of directed intercessory prayer. Anyone can participate, location is no barrier.
- Email your personal contact list to see if anyone you know would be interested in joining a prayer or support effort for the church in France. We don’t know unless we ask!
Contact us to let us know if you’re planning on doing any of the above. We would love to encourage and help you!
How you can volunteer directly for Impact France
We could use you and need help in the following areas. If any of them really resonate with you, contact us to learn more.
1. Administrative Support. This can be anything from compiling reports and formatting documents to researching French ministries/statistics/current events or even sending thank you letters to supporters.
2. Translation Support. We often have French text to translate into English. If you are bilingual, we could use your help! From prayer letters and guides to reports and news items, there is always work in this area!
3. Communications Support. Do you have a passion for communicating? Impact France needs you! From our own story to those of our ministry partners, helping organize and promote these messages is essential.
4. In-country Correspondents. From blogging to alerting us to current events, concerts, news items of interest… if you are in France right now, you can help tell others what’s happening on the ground right now!